Thursday, October 22, 2009

Intensity


While most of my doodles leave plenty of white space, I got the idea to cover a page. I remembered a picture I had (may still have somewhere) of some primroses. Every spot that wasn't flowers was leaves. So I decided to replicate it (except the picture had purple flowers, and the leaves were a darker green). The effort above took about eight hours of effort, but it has drawn more comments than the usual. Because of that, I will probably do more of these - different colored flowers, different sizes, etc.
YOU can do this. Look at it. All it is is a bunch of lines. The flowers aren't symmetrical - not as good as God does day in and day out all over the globe; the leaves are irregular; the shading doesn't always go to the boundary line, or sometimes it goes past. Those things don't matter. You can create something similar by getting one or two basic shapes down and just shading them in, over and over and over again. I'd love to see what you come up with. I'd especially love to see something quite different that uses the same basic concept of repeated pattern. Send me a link to your drawing; send it to RickHolmanArt@yahoo.com

No comments:

Post a Comment