Monday, September 21, 2009



In addition to drawings of various kinds, I received an inspiration last year. I was doing some research and found some copies of illuminated manuscripts, including some several-hundred-year-old Bibles. Most of these manuscripts and Bibles have one page in five, or one in twenty, illuminated. They are pretty, but I began to think that it would be nice to have a Bible with every page illuminated. Of course, not every illumination is what I would like. So, of course, I thought, I can do that. So I started creating page borders that I could use. Above is one of the samples. Later this week I will post one of the sample pages.

Have you illuminated something, even just a note to a friend? I'd like to see it. perhaps we can inspire one another!

No comments:

Post a Comment