Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Getting Started




I have never thought of myself as an artist. I am a software geek. As such, I work on a team of software geeks, and we have weekly team meetings. For several years, one of our team members would doodle throughout the team meeting. I don't know what took me so long, but I decided to give him some competition. At first it was just black pen on lined paper - geometric designs. Many of you have done the same thing.





Then I added a red pen. Then I switched to felt-tip, and added blue - red and blue, red and black, or sometimes red and blue and black. My designs started turning symmetrical or taking on shapes. I found a green felt-tip. I was having fun, but people were also saying the most remarkable things, like, "I like that."


You can do this. How do I know? Because I can. If I can do it, anyone can.

My art has taken several forms, and I will be sharing them with you over time. This is just one sample of the current form. I expect it to come out in several ways before I get tired of drawing.

By the way, I do sell prints of these, as well as signed and numbered prints. Contact me for more information.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment